Royal Bolton Hospital in Farnworth, close to the M61, as well as some which take place in community settings.
The Royal Bolton Hospital became a Foundation Trust in October 2008, and we now have more freedom to develop our services for the benefit of patients - and give the public a much greater say in how we do this through our membership scheme
- Serves the population of Bolton (around 265,000) and many patients choose to come here from other locations.
- Had 32,396 emergency admissions in 2007/08.
- Delivered 4441 babies during 2007/08 at the hospital’s Princess Anne Maternity Unit.
- Has 671 inpatient beds, 32 day case beds and 15 endoscopy (gastrointestinal exploration) beds.
- Employs around 3,660 staff.
- Had a turnover of approximately £176m for 2007/08.
- Was given 'good' ratings by the Healthcare Commission for 2006/07 (latest ratings).
Mental health services are provided at the Royal Bolton Hospital but are managed by Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Renal Dialysis is provided by Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust.
Our vision is to be the best hospital in the NHS. We believe that this means that by 2012 we will achieve performance in the top 10% in the country aiming for:
- Best possible care for our patients
- Improved health for our community
- Joy and pride in work for our staff
- Value for money for the taxpayer.
Royal Bolton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust presently has no vacancies listed in our database.