Here at Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust (DCHS) our vision is to be the best provider of local healthcare and a great place to work. We care for patients across a wide range of services, delivered from 133 sites including 12 community hospitals and 28 health centres across Derbyshire and in parts of Leicestershire, touching the lives of more than 4,000 patients every day. We employ approximately 4,500 staff, making us one of the largest providers of specialist community health services in the country, serving a patient population of more than one million.
In an average day:
· We see 150 people in our minor injury units
· We care for 300 people in our community hospital beds
· More than 1,400 patients are cared for by our community nursing teams
· We treat 530 patients in our community podiatry service
· Our health visitors see 387 children aged 0-5.