Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane North
- Telephone number
- 01772 716565
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was established on 1 April 2005. The predecessor Trust (Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust) had been formed in 2002 following the merger of Chorley and South Ribble NHS Trust and Preston Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
- to provide the best healthcare possible within the resources available.
- to respect the views and meet the needs of patients and their carers and treat them as we would wish our family and friends to be treated.
- to provide a full range of acute services for the people of Chorley, Preston and South Ribble together with a range of specialist acute services for the wider population of Lancashire and South Cumbria.
- to build on the existing high quality healthcare provided by dedicated staff within in a framework of equality and diversity.
- to lead healthcare from two modern, ‘state of the art’ teaching hospitals.
- to continue to develop teaching and research across all services and in particular to expand undergraduate medicine.
- to capitalise on the increasing importance of the area as a focus for economic, social and regional development.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust offers a wide range of services to 370,000 local people from Chorley and South Ribble Hospital and Royal Preston Hospital. These services include:
- 24 hour accident and emergency facilities
- Intensive, high dependency and coronary care units
- General medicine, including elderly care
- General surgery and urology
- Child health
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Orthopaedics (bone and joint conditions)
- Maternity services
- Gynaecology (women's diseases)
- Oral and maxillo-facial surgery (mouth and jaw conditions)
- Ophthalmology (eye diseases)
- Support services for diagnosis and treatment such as pathology, x-ray, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and specialist nurses
The Trust also serves around 1½ million people in Lancashire and South Cumbria with specialist services:
- Neurosurgery and neurology (brain surgery and nervous system diseases)
- Oncology (radiotherapy and chemotherapy) and complex cancer surgery
- Renal (kidney diseases)
- Plastic Surgery
- Disablement services such as artificial limbs and wheelchairs
For further information about the Trust please refer to the sections at the left hand side of this page under the 'Trust information' tab.
Source - Trust Website
List jobs with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Nursing and Midwifery, Medical and Dental, Allied Health Professions, Health Science Services, Support Services, Administrative Services, Apprenticeships or all sectors