Registered Mental Health Nurse Ward Manager
To quick apply please email [email protected] with your CV and Subject Heading with the job title.
Job title: Registered Mental Health Nurse Ward Manager
Location: Apple Hill Hospital, Windsor Care Henley Road Hurley SL6 5LH
Rate Of Pay: £65,000 to £70,000 per annum.
Shift Patterns: Days and Nights 40hrs a week.
Information about the Role:
Working as an Registered Mental Health Nurse Ward Manager at Windsor Care your duties will include the following:
- Using your expert knowledge and clinical judgement to lead the ward team to deliver high quality care.
- Monitoring and maintaining high standards of care.
- Recognise the value of effective communication and the potential for developing therapeutic relationships, effective teamwork, interdisciplinary working, and patient care
- Recognising development needs of individuals and the team, investing in training, mentoring, and coaching to achieve success
- Utilising available HR processes such as probation, performance improvement plans and appraisals to support clear expectations and goals for development
- Contribute towards Clinical Governance and improving quality standards
- Chairing Team Incident Reviews and having a real focus on lessons learnt
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and policies
- Monitoring and improving training compliance
- Promoting a culture in which assessment, planning and review of care plans are delivered effectively within the broader responsibilities of the role.
- Acting as a clinical supervisor and ensuring that all staff participate in clinical supervision
- Experience of management and leadership and prioritising key tasks in relation to your sphere of work
- Being a site Safeguarding Lead, having cases allocated to investigate and support vulnerable people to be kept safe
Information about the Service: Our Acute Services operate on a 24-hour basis in addition to existing mental health services Apple Hill, will also incorporate a unit designed to provide Acute admissions. We have built up a reputation for providing successful clinical outcomes for service users who have acute mental health presentations and/or challenging behaviours. We continue to work closely with referring agencies, discharge teams and other relevant community services and place an emphasis on effective communication between all stakeholders through a multi-disciplinary approach.
Necessary Experience or Qualifications to work as an Registered Mental Health Nurse Ward Manager:
Someone who has a real passion for caring and helping people.
- Ideally 1 years’ experience as a Ward Manager or 10 years as a RMN.
- Current and valid Pin.
- Ability to work on shift/rota pattern.
- Have the right to the work in the UK
Oakleaf Recruitment are the In-House Recruitment Team for a growing group of Services and Hospitals across the UK.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.