Consultant Psychiatrist General Adult - Northcroft CMHT
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
Please note that this post may close earlier than the indicated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received.
Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
We are looking to recruit 1 Consultant Psychiatrist to the Northcroft CMHT (working alongside 4 other Consultant Psychiatrists at this hub), based in the North of the city, which covers a registered GP working adult population. The post holder will provide clinical leadership to a Community Mental Health Team and work alongside the Team Manager and Multidisciplinary Team to achieve staff and service developments and meet key trust targets.
This post will attract 10 Programmed Activities per week with 7.5 PAs for direct clinical care and up to 2.5 PAs for supporting professional activity. There is a Senior on-call rota which is remunerated at 3%.
For any enquiries please ring Clinical Director for CMHTs on 07985 882002
Main duties of the job
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and helps us to demonstrate our Trust values of Compassion, Commitment and of being Inclusive.
Our Community Mental Health Services are well-established teams and we are taking part in the National Community Mental Health Transformation programme as part of the NHS Long Term Plan. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of national and regional change and innovative developments in the delivery of community mental health care. There is significant investment that comes along with the transformation enabling expansion of our mental health services into Primary care, Personality disorder pathways.
Working for our organisation
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive mental healthcare service for residents of Birmingham and Solihull, and a range of specialist mental health services to communities across the West Midlands and beyond. The Trust operates out of more than 40 sites, serves a culturally and socially diverse population of 1.3 million spread over 172 square miles, has an income of more than £240 million and a dedicated workforce of around 4,000 staff. A wide range of local and regional services and partnerships covering inpatient, community and specialist mental healthcare make it one of the most innovative and complex mental health foundation trusts in the country.
BSMHFT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to protecting them from the risk of harm.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The post offers excellent CPD and study leave arrangements as well as good research and service development opportunities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible candidates who demonstrate leadership abilities and are committed to working in a multidisciplinary setting.
The candidate should be suitably qualified, including eligibility for Section 12 approval and Approved Clinician status.
- Full GMC registration with a licence to practice.
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act (1983).
- MRCPsych or equivalent.
- Obtained inclusion on the Specialist Register; or within six months of the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in General Adult Psychiatry; or eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register.
- Commitment to personal programme of Continuing Professional Development.
- Substantial experience of psychiatry, including working with people suffering from severe mental illness, preferably in a community setting.
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions.
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level.
- Commitment to clinical audit within multi-disciplinary team.
- Evidence of potential for effective leadership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrable interest in the provision of gender sensitive mental health service.
- Willingness to be involved in management of service.
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
- Able to travel.
- Additional qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or another relevant field.
- Broad clinical training including both inpatient and community service.
- Experience serving a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic population.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery.
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project.
- Completed clinically relevant audit projects.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Sadira Teeluckdharry
- Job title
- Clinical Director/Consultant Psychiatrist
- Email address
- [email protected]
- Telephone number
- 07985 882002