COVID-19 Vaccination – Registered Health Care Professional - Band 5
Do you have a current professional registration? Your NHS needs you as a Clinical Assessor!
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme Registered HC Professional (RHCP)
We are now looking to increase the numbers of Registered Health Care Professionals to support the government announcement of the COVID-19 vaccination booster programme this Autumn starting in September. In addition, our Registered Healthcare Professionals may be also able to support other Vaccination initiatives including the Flu programme.
We are looking for registered NHS colleagues who are willing to take on a role and who are willing to be trained to once again put themselves forward to lend a hand.
You will be paid for training hours completed; this is at a standard rate that is currently under review but we can confirm it will be no less than stated below:
1 hour at your hourly rate
7.5 hours at your hourly rate
Please note, this advert may close earlier if the desired amount of applications have been reached.
Main duties of the job
As a COVID-19 RHCP you will be responsible for:
- Conducting pre-vaccination clinical assessments.
- Reviewing patient medical histories and any potential adverse reactions.
- Preparing the vaccine prior to administration by using aseptic technique.
- Dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials.
- Setting up the vaccination station.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Administering the vaccine
Working for our organisation
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do to offer a high quality patient experience in a caring and supportive environment. This aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter.
This is an opportunity to join an NHS organisation that inspires its staff to innovate, with support and encouragement to continually develop. We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
We believe healthcare is better when provided by supported and dedicated staff, so if you are innovative, forward thinking and dedicated to high quality patient care come and join our amazing team.
At the Dudley Group everyone is welcome, please ensure you have read our Recruitment Equality Statement included in the advert.
Please note that this role is a zero hours contract and therefore does not meet the criteria for Certificate of Sponsorship/Visa Sponsorship
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.
- Educated to degree level (level 5) in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals.
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake
Knowledge and experience
- Previous experience in similar clinical role
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Practical skills and knowledge of cold chain procedures and medicines management
- Working knowledge and literate with computer skills to use of word document, internet access and email correspondence and electronic record keeping.
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject to post graduate level
Skills Capabilities & Attributes
- Effective skills in communicating complex and sensitive information and in difficult situations, requiring empathy, reassurance, persuasion and influence
- Able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own workloads to changing and often tight deadlines
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Recruitment Team
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01384 456111