Covid 19 Vaccination Programme Pharmacist - Immunisations
Band 6 to 8a dependent on experience
Your NHS needs you!
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme Pharmacist - Immunisations
We are now looking to increase the numbers of Pharmacists to support the government announcement of the COVID-19 vaccination booster programme this Autumn starting in September. In addition, our Pharmacists may be also able to support other Vaccination initiatives including the Flu programme.
To prepare, we are looking for experienced pharmacists and those who are willing to be trained to once again put themselves forward to lend a hand.
The Department for Health and Social Care recently consulted on temporary changes to legislation allowing a wider group of staff to vaccinate with appropriate training.
You will be paid for training hours completed; this is at a standard rate that is currently under review but we can confirm it will be no less than stated below:
1 hour at your hourly rate
7.5 hours at your hourly rate
Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations. The post holder will undertake activities such as clinical assessment, pharmacovigilance, medicines advice, vial inventory checks, cold chain management, aseptic preparation: vial dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials. Assist in the identification and assessment risks in work activities. Report and mitigate these risks.
In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station.
- Conducting clinical assessments.
- The review of those with complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions.
- Preparation of the vaccine prior to administration by the vaccinators using the right technique.
Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
Working for our organisation
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do to offer a high quality patient experience in a caring and supportive environment. This aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter.
This is an opportunity to join an NHS organisation that inspires its staff to innovate, with support and encouragement to continually develop. We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
We believe healthcare is better when provided by supported and dedicated staff, so if you are innovative, forward thinking and dedicated to high quality patient care come and join our amazing team.
At the Dudley Group everyone is welcome, please ensure you have read our Recruitment Equality Statement included in the advert.
Please note that this role is a zero hours contract and therefore does not meet the criteria for Certificate of Sponsorship/Visa Sponsorship
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.
- Registered Pharmacist with GPhC.
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake.
Knowledge and Experience
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject to post graduate level
- Previous hospital or similar clinical experience
- Experience of aseptic dispensing (GMP knowledge)
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Practical skills and knowledge of cold chain procedures and medicines management
- Working knowledge and literate with computer skills to use of word document, internet access and email correspondence and electronic record keeping.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development and willingness to commit to ongoing CPD
- Knowledge of immunisation schedules in accordance with national recommendations (Covid 19 vaccination program
Skills and Attributes
- Clear communicator with excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills.
- Effective skills in communicating complex and sensitive information and in difficult situations, requiring empathy, reassurance, persuasion and influence
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Independent thinker with demonstrated good judgement, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own workloads to changing and often tight deadlines
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and trust
- Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks
Values and behaviours
- Commitment to and focused on quality, promotes high standards in all they do
- Flexible approach to work and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
- Values diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness
- Works well with others, is positive and helpful, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others
- Actively develops themselves and supports others to do the same
- Ability to work in a variety of settings
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Job title
- Recruitment Team
- Email address