Occupational Therapist - Band 7
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Occupational Therapist at North Bristol NHS Trust. Based in the Brunel Building at Southmead Hospital (opened in 2014), with a basic salary of up to £44,503 per annum you will be responsible for co-leading the occupational therapy team within medicine.
North Bristol NHS Trust is one of the largest hospital trusts in the UK and a centre of excellence in the south west and beyond. In addition to being a major trauma centre, regional specialties include neurosciences, orthopaedics, burns & plastics, renal & transplant and vascular surgery. Within medicine a comprehensive acute service is provided to a range of sub-specialties.
WHY APPLY? This Occupational Therapist position is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role with:
- Leadership of a large team.
- An interesting and challenging caseload of adults, that could include complex care, respiratory, cardiology, gastroenterology, haematology, infectious diseases and renal specialties.
- An acute focus and collaborative working with the integrated discharge service and community providers.
- Excellent facilities.
THE ROLE: Your responsibilities will include:
- Line management and supervision of staff in team, including Band 5 & 6 occupational therapists and therapy support workers
- Clinical leadership to the specialty, providing training and advice to other staff/students.
- Leading service development and quality improvement projects
- Contribution to the occupational therapy leadership team.
YOU: The successful Occupational Therapist will have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Post registration training and experience as an Occupational Therapist within medicine. This will preferably include acute work.
- Ability to lead and motivate others
Hours to be worked over five shifts a week and could include some weekend working on a rota basis.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Anne Barraud
- Job title
- Head of Occupational Therapy
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 4147643 or 0117 4141272
- Additional information