Lead Advanced Pharmacist CMDU (Covid Medicines Delivery Unit)
Be part of our BHT family
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust (BHT) is an integrated provider of acute hospital and community services for people living in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding area.
We care for over half a million patients every year:
- provide specialist spinal services at our world renowned National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, the birthplace of the Paralympics
- nationally recognised for urology and skin cancer services
- regional specialist centre for burns, plastic surgery, dermatology, stroke and cardiac services
- deliver community services in health centres, schools, patients’ own homes, community hospitals and community hubs.
More than 6,000 people from different nations, cultures and backgrounds work for us.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work – and invite you to join our BHT family.
Would you like to be the lead advanced pharmacist responsible for managing and delivering clinical pharmacy services to the Covid Medicines Delivery Unit (CMDU) at Bucks Healthcare Trust?
Main duties of the job
Provide professional and clinical oversight to the CMDU and new medicines prescribed and used for the treatment of COVID-19. For a full list of the role and responsibilities please refer to the job description and person specification.
Provide leadership and training of the pharmacy staff that delivers this service to ensure the service is provided to high. Lead on training the pharmacy and wider teams in the use of new COVID medicines working with colleagues across the department and medicines resource centre. Represent the pharmacy department of the Trust at relevant external networks and groups maintaining good links with external stakeholders. Manage the pharmaceutical aspects of the clinical trial, audit and research service to the CMDU.
Working for our organisation
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- As part of our BHT family, you’ll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
- We’re committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
- Registered Pharmacist: Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Post-graduate diploma in clinically pharmacy or recognised equivalent
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Independent Prescribing qualification
- RPS faculty Stage II accreditation
- Work effectively within teams – within uni- or multi-professional at Departmental, Trust or regional level.
- Significant experience at Post Registration Pharmacist level
- Significant experience of delivery of pharmacy services to a broad range of specialties including medicines and surgery
- Experience of delivery of clinical pharmacy service to a specialist level
- Experience of project management
- Experience of teaching and tutoring
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kirsty Habibi-Parker
- Job title
- Associate Director of Pharmacy - MRC
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01494 425355