Registered Nurse - Stamford
*** Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with a live NMC registration or UK nursing students awaiting their PIN as we are unable to support OSCE at this time***
Exciting new opportunities for you. We are currently recruiting registered nurses to join the John Van Geest (JVG) Ward at Stamford and Rutland Hospital.
JVG is a 22 bedded ward predominantly caring for step-down patients from Peterborough City Hospital. The Ward is the only inpatient ward at Stamford and Rutland Hospital and therefore there will be additional training to maintain safe patient care.
Main duties of the job
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated registered nurse with a keen interest in caring for frail and elderly patients.
Are you passionate about delivering high standards of care, showing commitment to share your knowledge and skills and motivation to help drive our services forward.
We have recognised that all qualified nurses have different personal commitments, so we value full and part time staff equally.
We are renowned for providing leading professional development and will offer teaching and education around Specialist skills.
Working for our organisation
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to you
- 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff);
- NHS Pension Scheme:
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays;
- Career development and training;
- Wellbeing support and activities;
- In-house physiotherapy Service;
- On-site canteens with subsidised meals;
- Subsidised staff parking (currently free).
- Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated registered nurse with a keen interest in caring for frail and elderly patients. Are you passionate about delivering high standards of care, showing commitment to share your knowledge and skills and motivation to help drive our services forward.
- NMC Registered or working towards
- Degree in Healthcare related subject
- 2 years post registration experience.
Knowkedge and Experience
- Knowledge regarding the NMC code of practice and limitations in scope of professional practice.
- Ability to work in a demanding and busy environment
- Demonstrates an understanding of: Accountability & responsibility, Evidence based practice, Reflective practice
- Knowledge of the role of a registered nurse in relevant areas
- Comprehensive applied anatomy and physiology relevant to clinical area
- Awareness of current developments in healthcare and professional nursing relevant to area.
- Awareness of role of audit and research in effecting change in nursing practice.
- Ability to function as part of the multi professional team.
- Can demonstrate the clinical decision making process
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate compassionate values and behaviours
- Demonstrate drive, passion and enthusiasm
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Chloe Jamieson
- Job title
- Ward manager
- Email address
- [email protected]
- Telephone number
- 01733 678216
If you have problems applying, contact
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- 01480 416741