nVCC Environmental Work Placement
Thank you for your interest in working for Velindre University NHS Trust, which is a committed equal opportunities employer. The Trust welcomes applications from people who share our vision;
Velindre University NHS Trust will be recognised locally, nationally and internationally as a renowned organisation of excellence for patient and donor care, education and research.
- BE Accountable
- BE Bold
- BE Caring
- BE Dynamic
and who will complement our current experienced and specialist employees who are passionate about working in a Trust that has the ambition to provide world class services and care to patient and donors.
Velindre University NHS Trust holds a special place at the heart of healthcare in Wales. It is also an amazing organisation to work and to develop your career. The Trust comprises of two divisions, Velindre Cancer Centre and Welsh Blood Service. The Trust also hosts on behalf of the Welsh Government and NHS Wales, NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership (NWSSP) and Health Technology Wales (HTW).
Velindre University NHS Trust provides our employees with a favourable salary and reward / staff benefits & support package.
For more information on this vacancy please contact the recruiting manager, who will be pleased to discuss their employment opportunity with you.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
The Trust also reserves the right to close a vacancy early or withdraw an advertisement at any stage of the process, to enable internal staff requiring to be redeployed in suitable roles.
Posts may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and Professional Registration Check.
For more information on our Trust Employee Reward and Benefit’s Package please visit the Velindre University NHS Trust website.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
Velindre Cancer Centre is a division of the Trust, and one of the leading non-surgical oncology centres in the United Kingdom. The challenge is to go further and achieve the quality of services, patient experience and clinical outcomes that are comparable with the best in Europe and the western world. In support of this ambition, the Trust has facilitated the Transforming Cancer Services Programme, which sets out a compelling vision for excellence in South East Wales. Working closely with Welsh Government and Local Health Boards, the programme will consist of a number of projects which include the development of a new cancer centre in Cardiff, a Radiotherapy Satellite Centre in Abergavenny and the reconfiguration of outreach services.
The Environmental Placement role will provide excellent support to the new Velindre Cancer Centre (nVCC) Project team and supporting the sustainability agenda and initiatives. The post requires an individual who is studying a relevant degree, excellent organisation, administration and communication skills and a passion for sustainability. This is an important role which will provide excellent opportunities for career and personal development.
Main duties of the job
A summary of the key requirements and responsibilities of the post are listed below:
- Provide project and administrative support to the nVCC Project Team and supporting key sustainable projects
- Administer meetings, workshops and events to engage staff regarding sustainable initiatives
- Maintain project documentation, files, databases and
- Act as the first line contact for external and internal queries regarding sustainability projects involved
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, including specialised IT systems and project management, training knowledge, acquired through formal training or experience to diploma level equivalent
- Responsibility for data entry, word processing, storage of data and maintenance of databases
- Regular requirement to develop or create reports and documents, drawings
- Required to use a wide range of IT applications
- Work flexibly and as part of a team.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Working for our organisation
Here at Velindre University NHS Trust we are extremely proud of the specialist services we provide across the whole of Wales in our cutting-edge Velindre Cancer Centre and our award-winning Welsh Blood Service, as well as the expertise of our corporate functions that bring the two divisions together. We are also fortunate to host the NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership and Health Technology Wales and have developed strong partnership working with these expert services.
Formed in 1999, the Trust has a dedicated workforce that continuously strives to provide the key principles of prudent healthcare through a wide array of roles. We play a vital role in the communities we support and have ambitious plans for the future to continue to improve the services we deliver. We strive to maintain our core values in everything we do by being; accountable, bold, caring and dynamic, and ensuring the best possible care for our patients and donors.
If you want to work for an organisation that prides itself on making a real difference and offers exciting career opportunities then Velindre University NHS Trust is the place for you.
Visit our website to find out more: https://velindre.nhs.wales/
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job Description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click “Apply now” to view in Trac.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude and Abilities
- Good basic education
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- Keyboard skills and IT competent
- Experience of administering projects
- Good knowledge of computer skills and of Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to master new applications
- Understanding of Confidentiality
- Able to use own initiative
- Administration role within healthcare
- Good organisational skills and the ability to identify priorities
- Computer literate and keyboard skills / typing skills
- Good communication skills
- Friendly manner which promotes confidence in the service
- Filing ability
- RSA 1
- Project Management Qualification
- Understanding of NHS and of Velindre NHS Trust’s role in service delivery
- Knowledge of Velindre Cancer Centre and of the delivery of non- surgical cancer services
- Experience of setting up databases
- Ability to speak Welsh
- May be required to travel within geographical area
- Able to work hours flexibly
- Calm and objective
- Personally and professionally mature
- Demonstrates enthusiasm
- Able to travel between sites
- Highly motivated proactive effective team player
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Hannah Moscrop
- Job title
- Project Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 02920 196808
- Additional information
Available 8am - 5:30pm, Monday - Thursday.