Assistant Service Manager
NHS AfC: Band 6
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic and innovative individual to join the Integrated Surgery Care Unit as Assistant Service Manager. If you have a dedication to provide the best service for patients, have excellent interpersonal skills this post will be of interest to you! Supporting a number of key services across the Care Unit, the post holder will be involved in all aspects of service performance management and development, and a key member of the team deputising for the Service Manager across a range of duties.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to lead, motivate and influence individuals both within and external to the organisation, have excellent communication and analytical skills and be able to juggle the competing demands of the role whilst supporting the Care Unit Management Team within the Trust.
You must be able to deal with confidential issues in a professional manner and be able to work under pressure. You will need to have experience working in a similar role within a busy department in a healthcare setting with operational experience of managing services.
For any further information or an informal chat about the role, please contact Lisa Sperring, Service Manager on 01246 513423/07757 831485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working for our organisation
Chesterfield Royal Hospital is located in Calow, Chesterfield, which is situated on a green field site on the edge of the Peak District National Park. It is home to the Crooked Spire and is also close to Sheffield, Derby and Nottingham, thus offering numerous choices for recreational activities and lifestyles.
Chesterfield Royal Hospital was officially opened by the queen in 1985 and since then it has continued to expand and modernise, currently holding approximately 550 beds. We provide acute in-patient and out-patient care for Chesterfield and the surrounding rural area of North Derbyshire, serving a population of approximately 350,000 people.
We are currently rated GOOD by the CQC.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the Job description and Person Specification in the attachments section on this page. This document contains a full detailed description of the role and what the main responsibilities and duties are, along with the criteria that are required for the role.
Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter for more: @hrcrhft @royalhospital @WellbeingCRH
Qualifications and Training
- Degree (or equivalent), or equivalent experience
- Recognised management qualification at certificate level or equivalent (or willing to work towards one)
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of change management
- Experience of working as part of a multi-professional team
- Experience of budget management
- Experience in an NHS management role in depth experience of waiting list
- Previous experience of hospital IT systems
- Experience of medical staff management issues
- Experience of service planning process
Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- An ability to influence at all levels
- Negotiation skills
- An ability to manage and deliver on targets
- Familiar with work-based computer packages
- Understand and explain diverse concepts
- Good presentation skills and report writing skills
- Skills in data analysis
- Previous experience of using service improvement tools
- Patient confidentiality issues
- Understanding of current issues in the NHS
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lisa Sperring
- Job title
- Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01246 513423