NHS AfC: Band 5
"Research & Development have some exciting news! We have expanded our portfolio and as such, we have on offer a number of band 5 vacancies across the department. There are full time vacancies and we would be happy to discuss part-time, job share and secondment opportunities."
Would you like a career in research delivering clinical trials at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust? We would love to hear from you! Research has been at the forefront of the pandemic and UHP R&D has been busy delivering research across the Trust supporting delivery of tomorrow’s treatments today for the healthcare of the nation.
This role will initially support the Covid-19 vaccine trials by ensuring that they are delivered in an effective and timely manner. You should have an eye for detail, an ability to communicate at all levels and good patient interfacing skills. Good computer skills are an advantage but more importantly a team ethos approach to a job with a ‘can do’ attitude.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Lead Research Nurse Catherine Pitman email@example.com or telephone 01752 439102 for an informal discussion about the role.
‘Relocation package may be available’.
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as ‘Priority’ and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***
Main duties of the job
The Research Nurse / Practitioner will work as part of the clinical research team to support the safe conduct of research in in accordance with the Research Governance Framework and Good Clinical Practice guidelines and provide assurance that the rights, safety and well-being of trial participants are protected. The post-holder will work with the research team to plan, implement, organise and manage concurrent research projects. S/he will develop networks with Multidisciplinary Teams across the Trust and other appropriate local and national agencies. S/he will coordinate and manage the relevant study portfolio and deliver recruitment accrual in line with performance and monitoring objectives.
Working for our organisation
We are a people business – where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Have an understanding of the clinical research team work-plan and contribute to its achievement.
- Manage research performance and study timelines of relevant studies.
- Collaborate with other Trusts and organisations within the region to improve research delivery.
- Keep up to date with research management issues through liaison with other Research Specialists /Team leaders and link with national networks.
- Provide relevant supervision and mentorship to members of staff and students.
- Take responsibility for own health, safety and security and promote the health, safety and security of the wider team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of clinical and research policies, procedures and SOPs.
- Registered Nurse or Healthcare Professional, (if not a registered practitioner then significant appropriate clinical practice essential)
- Research Training (e.g. GCP, degree module, informed consent)
Knowledge and Experience
- Pertinent clinical skills
- Computer literacy including ability to work with databases.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of the Research Governance Framework and Good Clinical Practice Guidelines.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Catherine Pitman
- Job title
- Research Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01752 439102