Registered Nurse - EAU4/Forrest Ward
NHS AfC: Band 5
EAU4 (to be called Forrest) ward is at present, the Trusts acute Covid ward but in time with the reduction of Covid numbers the ward will become an Acute General Medical ward with the ability to safely isolate an area for Covid patients if required
Nursing and Nurse leadership has been at the heart of the global response to Covid and the nurses on EAU4 have developed, innovated and implemented best practice guidelines in managing and caring for the COVID patient.
We are looking for highly motivated and innovative Registered Nurses to join our brand-new Team. It is an excellent time to be joining us where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop new skills within a supportive environment
Working on the ward is both exciting and challenging and we work closely with all MDT colleagues. You will be supported by your Band 6 co-ordinator Medical team and Ward Manager.
Main duties of the job
- To provide a high standard of patient care assisting with the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of each patient.
- To work as a member of the ward to provide a quality service based on need, to all users of the service.
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary Team.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Required to work internal rotation.
Working for our organisation
Working as part of a team that respects individual points of view, welcomes suggestions for innovative working and values diversity.
To learn form patient and staff experience good or bad and to celebrate the positive and find ways of learning and changing from the negative sharing both with patients, relatives and colleagues .
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
- Registered Nurse with current NMC Pin number
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Proven relevant experience at Band 5
- Safe and competent practitioner aware of own limitations and needs
- IT skills to include data entry, Microsoft word etc.
- Experienced in giving IV medications
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Julie Southam
- Job title
- Respiratory Nurse Lead/Acting Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Contactable Monday to Friday