An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Band 6 nurse with considerable post registration experience to join our existing Child Health Research team situated in Poole Hospital NHS Trust. You will be an integral part of the Research and Innovation department, specifically within the Child Health research speciality working on our busy Child Health portfolio.
The Children's Unit at Poole provides inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory and community services to the children of East Dorset. We hold Practice development Unit status and work closely with our colleagues at Bournemouth University
The Child Health research team recruits to a number of National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and commercial clinical trials across paediatrics, and contribute where children are recruited to trials in other specialities such as; Gastroenterology, Immunology, Diabetes and Renal. We recruit patients from neonates to teenagers, and work with colleagues across Wessex to support and promote paediatric research.
We are an innovative department looking at new ways of supporting patients who participate in clinical trials, with a culture within the unit that supports and fosters research.
This job will involve:
- Provision of a high quality specialist research nursing service to outpatients/inpatients working as part of the wider multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting researchers locally in screening and recruitment of patients and the management of research trials (including drug trials and trials of clinical devices).
- Working with the Research and Innovation Department (R&I) to ensure compliance with local and international regulatory requirements.
- Further development of clinical research interests including knowledge and skills of clinical research and project management.
- Provision of the optimum service and quality of care for each patient and family, maintaining confidentiality and trust
- Working as part of the wider research community within the Wessex Child Health Speciality Research Network
To succeed in this role you will need to possess:
Qualification as a Children's Registered Nurse with evidence of further study
At least 3 years post registered experience
Knowledge of the research process as applied to clinical trials
Competent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office and databases
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please see the Person Specification for full criteria requirements
We are based at Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and work with other Acute Trusts within Wessex including University Hosptial Southampton. The job is held under the umbrella of Research and Innovation Department but you will be based within the Child Health Department. You will be working throughout the hospital, wherever appropriately required. You will also be expected to attend meetings away from the hospital.
Please note: if this job requires you to have a DBS check to enable you to properly fulfil the requirements of the job, on appointment you will be required to repay the cost of obtaining a DBS check and this amount will be reclaimed from your salary.
Closing date: 29-Jul-18
Proposed Interview date: 20-Aug-18
Informal visits and enquiries welcome