Vaccination Programme - Bank Vaccinator
Dorset Healthcare is responsible for administering vaccinations for adults and school aged children as part of the biggest vaccination programme in history.
We are looking for Healthcare Assistants to support our vaccination teams across the Dorset county.
We’re looking for proactive and caring HealthCare Assistants who are wanting to support the vaccination team we are flexible to fit with your other commitments and are happy to discuss the hours available from fulltime hours to part time depending what you are looking for.
Vaccination clinics are being run at the following locations:
- Weymouth Vaccination Centre (Linden)
- Weymouth Hospital
- Bridport Hospital (Langdon Ward)
- Blandford Hospital
Please specify your preferred location within your supporting statement.
If you would like to come and visit the team and see the clinics in action please contact email@example.com where we can arrange this.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.
Main duties of the job
Support with the configuration of the vaccination station, ensuring the availability of initial consumables, waste receptacles, trolleys and vaccines.
- Be familiar with National Protocol and aware of Patient Group Directives (PGD’s) for the vaccination. Support vaccinator and post-vaccination observer with the disposal of any clinical and non-clinical waste and change of PPE.
- Ensure waste control and sanitisation of the vaccination area.
- Ensure waste control and sanitisation of the post-vaccination
- Support with the storage, transportation and delivery of vaccines
and equipment (e.g. collect and return vaccines to storage areas,
ensure disposal of used clinical equipment).
- Ensure strict data and patient record confidentiality
Patient Safety and Clinical Governance
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the health, safety and
security of self and others in work area.
- Assist in the identification and assessment risks in work activities.
- Observe and maintain strict confidentiality with regards to any
patient/family/staff/records and information in line with the requirements
of the Data Protection Act.
- Practise within the national protocols, training and levels of competence.
- Adhere to all centre policies, procedures and processes.
- Work with team to maintain high standards of cleanliness in the
clinical area and a well-maintained department environment.
Working for our organisation
At Dorset HealthCare we’re on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We’re a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here – it’s one of the reasons the CQC rated us ‘outstanding’ in 2019. It’s also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you’re looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you’ll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know. And you’ll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Succcessful applicants will recieve the required training as part of a supportive induction programme.
Job Specific Experience
- Previous experience of working within a care environment
- Knowledge of personal care duties
- Professional Registration or qualification if required for role
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable the post holder to carry out the role effectively
- GCSE or equivalent.
- •Experience of working with the public.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Joanne Hodder
- Job title
- Vaccination Programme
- Email address
- Telephone number
List jobs with Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust in Administrative Services or all sectors