Highly Specialist Stroke Physiotherapist
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest trusts in the country, serving a population of 1.2 million people. Our newly formed Trust, comprising acute hospital sites at Broomfield in Chelmsford, Basildon and Southend, is determined to provide the best health services for its local population. We are a well-led, high-performing and innovative organisation working in the best interests of the people we serve.
With a workforce of approximately 15,000 staff, we can now do more and go further in delivering health services to our local communities.
Our ambition is to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients, and provide a vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
Patients will experience improved care as well as fewer delays and cancellations. We are able to provide more once-in-a-lifetime specialist care region-wide. With our new trust size will come more opportunities for development, research, networking and innovation.
We aim to make the most of our skills and experiences so we can become the best we can be. As one organisation we will recruit the finest and retain more specialist staff due to more employment opportunities across our Trust.
The stroke rehabilitation team at Basildon Hospital is seeking a forward thinking and dynamic Band-7 Physiotherapist to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will need to work holistically within the MDT and utilise their profession specific skill set to deliver high quality care and support to the patients with stroke diagnosis. You will work alongside the multi-disciplinary team in the management and care of patients and running of the department/section. This post will give you opportunity to further develop your clinical, leadership and mentoring skills.
If you are interested in the role and believe you hold the qualities we require, then apply today
Main duties of the job
- To perform expert physiotherapy assessment and design management programmes for patients presenting with highly complex acute stroke, performing the role to the highest degree of autonomy.
-To work closely with the band 7 Specialist ward physiotherapist’s and all other multi-disciplinary team members to ensure physiotherapy rehabilitation/treatment are fully integrated into the patient’s care and discharge planning.
- To act as a source of expertise on the physiotherapy management of Stroke, providing advice to consultant physicians, patients, carers, all grades of physiotherapists, other health care professionals, general practitioners and social services.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner, working without direct supervision.
- To attend multi-disciplinary and multi-agency meetings as appropriate, ensuring appropriately integrated pathways of care and communication via liaison and referral to other agencies as required.
- To educate and train Senior and Junior grade physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Technicians,Assistants, undergraduate and adaptation students, other healthcare professionals in the physiotherapy management of patients with neurological and stroke diagnosis.
- To participate in the therapy weekend service rota. - To lead on implementing local clinical governance initiatives and Clinical Audit, presenting findings at the integrated meetings as appropriate.
Working for our organisation
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook – if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details of main responsibilities
- HCPC registration
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Post Graduation Qualification
- Experience at Bnad-6 level in stroke and/ or Neuro
- Supervising and mentoring juniors
- Experience of service development
- Experience of respiratory management
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Aarti Sharma
- Job title
- Stroke and Neuro Therapy Lead
- Email address
List jobs with Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust in Allied Health Professions or all sectors