NHS AfC: Band 3
Logistics Supervisor – Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2021
Southampton has been running a Covid-19 saliva testing programme in partnership between the University of Southampton, Southampton City Council and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). As part of the preparation for the expansion of the asymptomatic testing programme, we are recruiting staff to support this within the laboratory which will be based in the Southampton area.
Main duties of the job
We are currently recruiting for Logistics Supervisors to help us achieve our target of running tens of thousands of tests every day. This post will work as part of the logistics operations team as part of the COVID-19 Saliva Testing Laboratory, and will be dealing with the delivery of incoming samples and consumables and associated outgoing waste.
You will need to have experience of working in an operational logistics role and should have a NVQ level 3 in a relevant qualification or able to demonstrate that you have experience of working to this level and of supervising and providing training to others within the role. The role will involve marshalling delivery vehicles, receiving deliveries (both consumables and samples) and the transportation and delivery of these within the laboratory. You will need to follow standard operating procedures and be able to adhere to health and safety requirements at all times.
Working for our organisation
As one of the largest acute teaching Trust’s in England, we can offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. We believe you deserve the best possible surroundings in which to do your job and we want to support you in doing your job to the best of your ability.
As a Trust, we support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. You’ll have an opportunity to discuss this at interview. Our LiveWell and inspire programme offers opportunities, support and advice, including smoking cessation services, exercise and activity classes, and support for mental health.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and only an hour on the train from central London. The New Forest National Park and the beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please find attached the Job Description and Person Specification for this role.
Advertised date: 08/04/2021
Closing date: 22/04/2021
Should we see a large volume of applications we will close the advert early.
- NVQ Level 3 in Logistic Operations (or similar subject), or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Supervisory experience, including delivering on-the training
- Experience using electronic inventory systems
Aptitudes and skills
- Able to supervise a team of support staff
- Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Able to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to follow Health & Safety practice
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to write clearly
- Standard keyboard skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to undertake a support role
- Able to follow written instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to respond to direction
- Observant of detail, ability to make basic judgement decisions and problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and organise daily work
- Confidence within parameters of role
- Understands need to work to deadlines and is able to do so
- Understanding of need for service quality
- Excellent timekeeping and a positive, flexible, approach to work.
- Willing to undergo relevant on-the-job training
- Able to participate with a rotating shift pattern covering 6 days per week, including out of hours working
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working together
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Paul Cook
- Job title
- EFCD Project Manager
- Email address
If you have problems applying, contact
If you have problems with the
online application form please contact
Recruitment Support Services
Open Monday to Friday
08:30am to 5:30pm
- 01629 690826