Cleaning Team Leader (HPV)
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, 2gether Support Solutions prides itself on the delivery of high-quality Facilities, Property and Estates, Procurement, Equipment Management and Professional services.
We provide services in five Hospitals across East Kent, that are: William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Buckland Hospital in Dover, Royal Victoria Hospital in Folkestone; and Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury.
As a cleaning team leader, you will be a vital part of a large facilities team who ensure that the hospital is operating within the highest standards for cleanliness, safety and patient service. Cleaning team leaders are hands on, undertaking proactive and reactive UV and Red Cleans and ensuring that the domestic team adhere to all standards of cleaning. Knowledge of cleaning standards and health and safety would be an advantage. We will cover costs for a DBS check if required for the role.
If you are looking for a rewarding and physically active role, whereby you will be a vital part of the hospital team, showing good communication skills, initiative and self-motivation in your work, apply today for consideration.
Main duties of the job
- Conduct all cleans in line with specifications, ensuring compliance with operational policies on H&S, COSSH, BICS and other statutory legislation. Lead on the proactive cleaning regime taking place across the year.
- Ensure compliance with contract service levels, working through any service failures to identify ongoing issues and resolve them.
- Responsible for the suitable storage of materials and equipment in line with H&S and COSSH.
Working for our organisation
Why work with us?
- Generous annual leave allowance plus the opportunity to buy or sell leave
- Company Pension
- Onsite childcare facilities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme with Health Assured
We offer discounts and savings that make a difference to you including:
- Discounted travel, accommodation, airport parking, holidays, skiing and travel extras
- Subsidised bus pass
- Health and beauty, gifts, toys, fashion and entertainment
- Training and development opportunities including BICS and functional skills training
Social values are at the core of 2Gether Support Solutions. We welcome applications from all backgrounds to encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached job description for full range of job duties.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- 2Gether Support Solutions
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition Team