Customer Support Team Leader, 4 month Fixed Term Contract
2gether Support Solutions provides facilities, property, procurement and professional services to the East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Trust, which is one of the largest in the UK.
At 2gether Support Solutions, we put customer service and quality at the heart of all that we do. We have strong social enterprise principles and the profits we make go back into supporting our staff, improving services for patients, and other community activities in east Kent.
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Team Leader to join us on a 4-month Fixed Term basis. The role will centre on supporting the Customer Support Assistant teams, who provide helpful and professional greeting services to all staff, patients and visitors to the site. You will ensure staff are deployed and resources are managed effectively to provide a comprehensive and high-quality service.
These positions are crucial to maintaining a safe hospital environment by minimising the risk of infection for our staff, visitors, and patients.
Shift Pattern: 8am - 6pm Monday - Thursday
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing staff training and identifying any training or knowledge gaps. Ensuring the teams are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Managing absenteeism and arranging cover where necessary.
- Monitoring and managing the team’s performance, and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Treating all patients, staff and visitors with dignity and respect, and acting as the point of contact for the escalation of any customer complaints and queries.
- Developing a good knowledge of the site in order to best advise patients, visitors, and the team.
- Ensuring any hospital wheelchairs are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised, ready for patient use.
- Arranging and allocating equipment and resources.
- Escalating any security concerns accordingly.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a management or supervisory position within customer services.
- Proven ability to calmly handle any customer queries or complaints.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of audiences.
- Experience delivering training to staff, ideally using the Train the Trainer method.
- Ability to provide practical solutions in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to project a polite and professional image at all times.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kayleigh Barlow
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition Advisor