Deputy Directorate Manager
NHS AfC: Band 6
At East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust our vision is to be widely recognised for providing safe, personal and effective care. We currently provide high quality services and treat over 600,000 people across East Lancashire and the surrounding area. We employ over 9,500 staff, many of whom are internationally renowned and have won awards for their work.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the IMPReS (Integrated MSK, Pain and Rheumatology) and Clinical Haematology Directorate for a Deputy Directorate Manager to cover for sickness absence. We are looking for a self-motivated and detail orientated individual to support the Directorate Lead in managing the operational performance of the directorate as a whole and ensuring key targets are met.
The successful candidate will need to be motivated, hard-working and have a can-do attitude. You will display excellent organisational and communication skills, and demonstrate strong leadership qualities to be able to effectively support the team.
You will work as part of the directorate management team including working closely with senior clinicians and the directorate leadership team to operationally support the directorate. This will involve working efficiently to manage local and National Targets, including Referral to Treatment (RTT) and restoration activity targets, as well supporting the directorate and wider divisional team to deliver clinical activity and develop services.
Main duties of the job
To provide support to the clinical and managerial leadership of the directorate, delivering a range of outcomes, ensuring that fundamental and underlying activities to organisational success are achieved. To effectively manage day to day operational duties whilst ensuring delivery of activity, business and performance plans.
Together with the Directorate, the post holder will develop and assist with the implementation of both short and long term business and transformation plans to meet local, regional and national agendas. Deliver SAFE, PERSONAL and EFFECTIVE care as part of a partnership between managerial and clinical staff. Take a leading role in ensuring robust and accurate data validation within the Directorate, managing by exception. Hold staff, within your sphere of responsibility, to account for their actions through a performance management approach, centred on good appraisal management.
Promote and support delivery of national and local healthcare targets as one of the ways of raising healthcare standards.
Working for our organisation
The successful candidate must demonstrate clear commitment to providing a safe, personal and effective service for its users. We encourage applications from driven individuals, who demonstrate a passion for promoting a healthy team culture and learning environment.
All of our work is underpinned by our five key values at ELHT: · Put patients first · Respect the individual · Act with integrity · Serve the community · Promote positive change. If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then this role is for you!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent NHS experience
- Management qualification or working towards or Equivalent
- Experience in a similar role with in depth knowledge of Business Administration systems and processes
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team at operational and strategic level within the NHS
- Experience in undertaking presentations and public speaking
- Experience of effective change management
- Experience leading people / teams
- Experience of working with / planning rota’s / rosters
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of current NHS agenda and targets
- Proven,well developed IT skills to include knowledge of mail,excel,power-point,desktop publisher and other relevant software
- Ability to translate and communicate complex data
- Demonstrable evidence of project management
- Keen to progress and achieve goals
- Track record of achievement
- Knowledge of / experience with electronic Healthcare systems e.g. PAS, EPTS etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Team worker/player
- Quick to grasp new concepts
- Self Motivated
- Able to keep composure under pressure
- Flexible in terms of workload
- Accessible, approachable with a "can do" attitude
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jo Lishman
- Job title
- Directorate Lead IMPReS and Clinical Haematology
- Email address
- [email protected]
- Telephone number
- 01706 235395
- Additional information
Lynn Pegg, Secretary to Service Leads 01706 235395