PPE Store Runner / Mask Distribution
NHS AfC: Band 2
Choose Well - Choose WWL
Are you the right person to join our dedicated team providing high quality services to the Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Foundation Trust?
We are seeking a reliable PPE Runner / Mask Distributor to join our team, to distribute and manage our PPE around the Trust and act as first point of contact for patients/visitors to the Trust at our mask distribution stations.
We provide an efficient day to day PPE service to 24 hours a day over 7 days a week service over varied shift patterns that may include evening work, nights shifts, weekends, day shifts when required.
This position is for a "Fixed Term contract" to help with the Covid pandemic PPE distribution and will end on 31st March 2022. The post is for 30 hours per week working over 7 days Monday to Sunday.
Main duties of the job
You will assist in the smooth operation of the hospital by ensuring the provision of PPE to wards / department / visitors in an efficient and responsive way.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be expected to have a flexible attitude towards working hours and covering other members of the team at short notice.
The main duties of this role include acting as first point of contact for visitors / staff entering the hospital setting to ensure that they follow the correct PPE guidelines. Additionally assisting in the distribution of PPE to wards and departments within the Trust
Working for our organisation
Choose Well – Choose WWL
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that ‘happy staff, makes for happy patients’. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values ‘the WWL Way’.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the specified closing date if a suitable level of applications are received.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Key results from the job holder
- Control and monitor work allocation.
- Assist PPE Store Team Leader in Management of Stock Levels.
- Distribute Stock as per department requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring service provision occurs to reasonable timetables
- Participate in physical audits – ensuring consistency of service provision.
- Have a full knowledge and understanding of PPE Store Procedures, the safe working practice.
- Co-ordinate the receipt of PPE into PPE Store
- Works under the direction of the PPE Store team Leader.
- Responsible for accurate recording of all departmental information
Planning and Organisational Duties
- Organisation of the PPE Store provision on RAEI
- Operational control of all PPE Store protocols and provision to all designated areas.
- Coordinate regular service testing with the PPE Team Leader to be able to report on user satisfaction. Dealing with patient, department requests and queries at user level.
Communications and Key Working Relationships
- Liaise across all wards and clinical areas, admin and clerical and estates (e.g. OPD, Theatres, X-Ray )
- Take any remedial action or implement change where necessary liaising with PPE Store Team Leader, heads of departments and service users.
- Maintain verbal communications to all service users.
- Attend relevant meetings with a wide range of service users to provide advice on service provision.
- Provide details to the PPE Store Supervisor of service implications arising from developments being undertaken by Trust.
- Take action to rectify problems and complaints.
- Ensure all staff respect the dignity of patients, visitors and other staff and recognise and respond appropriately to any ethnic or cultural issues
- No Formal qualifications
- Previous Experience not required
- Interpersonal Skills
- Basic literacy and numeracy required
- Ability to organise & prioritise day to day tasks
- • Ability to be flexible and work across a range of departments and areas
- General Understanding of Hospital Environment
- Basic understanding of the role of PPE within the hospital environment
- Working unsociable hours
- Speak English to an appropriate standard relevant to their role, i.e. with confidence and accuracy, using correct sentence structures and vocabulary, and without hesitation
- Flexibility to provide cover for colleagues
- Responsive to service need Contactable “out of hours
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Alison Griffin
- Job title
- PPE Co-ordinator
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01942 264381
- Additional information
For further details contact:
Alison Griffin - PPE Co Ordinator - Tel: 01942 264381
Sue Middleton - Hotel Services Manager - Tel: 01942 822586