BAND 4 SENIOR PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSISTANT
PERMANENT CONTRACT 37.5 hours.
Duties will include:
- To undertake highly skilled support work to aid the rehabilitation of patients that have been admitted to vascular wards, ITU and follow on to Level 1beds.
- To screen and accept patients referred by the health professional to the physiotherapy service and carry own patient caseload as local referral protocol.
- Within surgical wards, ITU and Level 1beds, to use clinical judgment and freedom, within the scope of practice, and be able to work independently and flexibly without direct supervision but to receive access to regular supervision from a physiotherapist
- Treat patients on ITU and Level 1 beds according to set treatment protocols, monitoring progression and make alterations as required. To be responsible for the management of defined case load of patients maintaining appropriate records. To contribute to providing a professional service, working effectively as an integral team member.
- To run ITU classes in the Physiotherapy gym.
- To run amputee classes in the Physiotherapy gym
To be part of the 7-day service for ITU, vascular and medical cover and Level 1 bed
Additionally, the role will have a specialist focus in working closely with acute medical therapy team and elderly care wards on the management and prevention of acute on chronic long term conditions. This will include identifying patients with long term conditions such as COPD, Parkinson and heart failure, and providing advice, support and onward referrals to ensure effective management upon discharge and prevention of future admissions. The post holder will be expected to build close links with primary care and community services to enable effective management of this patient population.
Experience of working as a therapy assistant or in a hospital/caring rehabilitation environment is essential and you must have completed an NVQ level 3 in health and social care or relevant clinical equivalent
We provide 7-day service and therefore weekend working will be an expected part of the role.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for short listing applicants must meet the essential criteria on the personal specification.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Yogini Raval, Site Lead Physiotherapist firstname.lastname@example.org