Staff Nurse - Amethyst - Grimsby
We are currently looking to recruit Staff Nurses with at least 18 months' experience to complement and enhance our existing team on our Oncology/General Medical ward.
Full support and career development opportunities will be provided for all successful candidates. There is also the opportunity for any interested candidates to undertake the chemotherapy administration course provided by Guy's Hospital to enable you to rotate between the inpatient ward and our day case chemotherapy suite.
You will acquire a broad range of extended skills to complement your passion for nursing and have access to a wealth of knowledge from consultant teams, specialist nurses and members of the wider multidisciplinary teams.
Main duties of the job
- Registered Nurse working as part of a ward/department team, responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care
- Responsible for allocating and checking work of junior staff and health care assistance
- Regularly takes charge of the ward/department.
Working for our organisation
We’re a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt ‘best practice’ so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values; kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
“We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers”.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Registered Nurse – in appropriate branch
- Diploma in Nursing
- Qualified mentor (ENB 998 or mentorship award or equivalent) or working towards
- Evidence of post-registration development in the relevant specialty
- Qualified NVQ Assessor (A1 or equivalent) or working towards
- Management qualification
- Minimum 18 months post-registration experience in relevant specialty 2
- Experience of being ‘in charge’ of a shift.
Education and Qualifications
- • Registered Nurse – in appropriate branch
- • Diploma in Nursing
- • Qualified mentor (ENB 998 or mentorship award or equivalent) or working towards
- • Evidence of Post Registration development in the relevant specialty
- • Qualified NVQ Assessor (A1 or equivalent) or working towards
- • Management qualification
- • Minimum 18 months post registration experience in relevant specialty
- • Experience of being ‘in charge’ of a shift
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Michelle Hailey
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 03033 303356