Bank Paediatric Nurse
Kingston Hospital - First Acute Trust in London to be rated Outstanding by CQC for Overall Quality and Leadership
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a district general hospital situated in a beautiful and remarkable part of the country – close to London yet surrounded by royal parks, historic buildings and the River Thames. We are located on a single site in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey and run several outpatient clinics in neighbouring areas including Raynes Park Health Centre and Teddington Memorial Hospital.
We employ 3,300+ staff who proudly and efficiently support over 350,000 people locally through a full range of diagnostic and treatment services and we have a national reputation for innovative developments in healthcare, particularly in 'patient-focused' care, day surgery and maternity services.
The South West London Collaborative Bank
Kingston Hospital is a part of the local South West London Collaborative and offer competitive bank rates to work across the three NHS trusts: St Georges, Kingston Hospital and Epsom & St Helier. Our Smart App booking system makes life easier for flexible working!
Health and Wellbeing & Staff Benefits
The Trust understands that benefits go beyond just financial rewards and offers a wide range of benefits that recognise staff contribution, provide opportunities for career development and offer initiatives to promote a healthy work-life balance
-Our Health Heroes Awards 2018 – Staff Retention and Wellbeing Employer of the Year.
-HPMA Vivup Award for Well Being 2019.
Kingston Hospital NHS Trust has five key values and we want to employ and work with people who share these values and demonstrate behaviours that support them. They are:
- Caring – Design and deliver care around each individual patient’s needs and wants.
- Safe – Make the safety of patients and staff our prime concern as safety comes first
- Responsible – All staff take responsibility for the hospital, its services and reputation
- Value Each Other – Value each other's contribution
- Inspiring - We always strive to empower each other to develop and deliver improvements to benefit our patients
Kingston Hospital Trust are seeking experienced General Nurse's to join the Bank.
We have approximately 520 beds and directly employ around 2,700 staff, with another 300 staff employed by contractors but working on behalf of the Trust. We are located on a single site in Kingston upon Thames, but run a number of outpatient clinics in sites across our catchment area including Raynes Park Health Centre, Surbiton Centre for Health, Queen Mary's Roehampton and Teddington Memorial Hospital.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to further develop your skills and experience working alongside a multi-disciplinary team.
What we look for in our bank Nurse's:
- Must have a minimum of 6 months post registration experience within an acute healthcare setting/NHS
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Core Skills Training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
We will require you to provide/complete the following during the recruitment process:
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK *
- An Enhanced DBS
- Occupational Health Clearance
Unfortunately due to the nature of this role we are unable to support Tier 2 Sponsorship Visas.
To apply for this role please complete the application box below and attach your CV.
Education & Qualifications
- GCSE Standard or equivalent in English and Maths
- 2 Years experience working with the general public
- Previous administrative/secreterial experience
- Experience of working in a hospital or other healthcare environment
- Office systems and practise
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Package (Word-Outlook)
- Microsoft Excel/Other Spreadsheet packages
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.