Consultant in Haematology (Interest Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular therapies)
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, employing over 28,000 staff.
We are responsible for running a family of ten hospitals across seven separate sites, providing a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialised regional and national services.
We are the main provider of hospital care to approximately 750,000 people in Manchester and Trafford and the single biggest provider of specialised services in the North West of England. We are also the lead provider for a significant number of specialised services including Breast Care, Vascular, Cardiac, Respiratory, Urology Cancer, Paediatrics, Women’s Services, Ophthalmology and Genomic Medicine.
Our vision is to improve the health and quality of life of our diverse population by building an organisation that:
- Excels in quality, safety, patient experience, research, innovation and teaching
- Attracts, develops and retains great people
- Is recognised internationally as a leading healthcare provider.
Manchester Royal Infirmary is looking to recruit a new Consultant Haematologist to join our team
Come to work in our great northern city, home to two of the world’s greatest football teams, Test cricket, Oasis, the Stone Roses and the Halle Orchestra as well as some of the best schools in the UK. The Lake and Peak District national parks are within easy reach and the affluent suburbs of north Cheshire and south Lancashire are an easy commute.
Manchester Royal Infirmary is a 750 bed teaching hospital situated next door to one of the country’s largest medical schools. We are currently recruiting to our Haematology Team. This is an exciting time to join us:-
- We are one of a very small number of centres to offer the revolutionary new CAR-T treatment.
- We provide a regional tertiary referral service for haematological malignancy, stem cell transplantation, thrombosis, haemostasis and haemoglobinopathies.
- We provide general clinical haematology services for the local population of Central Manchester
- We have an impressive clinical trials portfolio including phase 1-3 studies
- Manchester Foundation Trust is the lead provider for Greater Manchester Haematological Cancer Diagnostic Partnership and also leads the North West Genomics Hub
We can offer:
- Continuation of or development of a sub-specialist interest
- Flexible and Less than full time Working
- Research and teaching opportunities
Whatever you are looking for MRI will have opportunities to suit you.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Fiona Dignan
- Job title
- Clinical Lead and Consultant Haematologist
- Telephone number
- 0161 276 5052
- Additional information
Dr Eleni Tholouli, Director for Adult Stem Cell Transplantation and CAR-T therapy - 0161 276 5052
Dr Sarah Burns, Consultant Haematologist with an interest in lymphoma - 0161 276 4442
If you have problems applying, contact