The Neurogastroenterology unit at Wythenshawe Hospital is looking to recruit a Research Assistant to provide support for its research programme. The post holder will be involved in the day to day workings of several clinical trials. The unit cares for patients with functional gastrointestinal disorders and receives referrals of complex cases from all over the United Kingdom. The research programme is primarily concerned with the clinical, epidemiological and pathophysiological aspects of these functional gastrointestinal disorders. In addition we undertake clinical trials investigating potential new medications to treat these conditions.
We would expect the post holder to have experience in working in a clinical trial environment. Knowledge or experience in the field of Gastroenterology would be desirable. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, is essential
Expereince, Qualifications, other skills
- Degree in an appropriate Health Science subject or equivalent
- Knowledge of clinical governance and research methodology
- Knowledge and experience in clinical research
- Good Clinical Practice Training completed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills including time management, prioritising
- Strong I.T and literacy skills
- Data interpretation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work independently and use initiative
- Flexible and adaptable in approach and willingness to learn
- Qualification in a relevant discipline or working towards one
- Evidence of published research
- Knowledge or experience in Gastroenterology
- Evidence of research submissions to ethics.
- Implemented research into practice and dealt with the administrative demands and deadlines
- Experience in collection, handling and storage of biological samples (blood/stool/urine/sputum)
- Experience in building contacts and participating in internal and external networks for the exchange of information and collaboration.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sharon Archbold
- Job title
- Neurogastroenterology Team Leader
- Email address
If you have problems applying, contact