NHS AfC: Band 6
An exciting opportunity has arisen for part time (18.75 hours/0.5WTE) 6 months secondment for a research nurse to work within the Respiratory Research team.
Your managers agreement is necessary.
This is an excellent career opportunity in which you could reduce to working part time in your current area and work part time in research.
Or this could be a part time role within research.
Other areas of working may be required to help support the research portfolio across sites. We are looking for highly motivated nurse to join our friendly team.
Research & Innovation have a proven track record in successfully recruiting into CRN portfolio/commercial studies. We conduct a variety of projects, including observational and cohort studies, device and investigational medicine trials as well as mixed methods and qualitative research.
Main duties of the job
The research nurse will be responsible for the day to day running of research studies including screening of potential patients, recruiting patients into studies according to agreed protocols, assisting in the informed consent process and management of all the study related data, collecting, processing and shipping of research samples, ensure recruitment into trials meets all targets.
The successful applicant must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently, to prioritise their own workload and to communicate effectively with all members of the research team with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
All clinical research activity must be compliant and conducted in accordance with European Union (EU) Directive, ICH/GCP International Conference on Harmonisation and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
Working for our organisation
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook – Liverpool University Hospitals Careers
Instagram - @LUHFTcareers
Twitter - @LUHFTcareers
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see job description. This role is a generic research nurse job description and research staff may be called upon to work flexibly on studies/areas and across LUHFT sites, should the need arise.
This is an excellent opportunity for career development and further education in research and developing new skills to deliver a varied a portfolio of studies in accordance with the clinical trial protocols and Good Clinical Practice. R&I support many areas including hepatobiliary medicine/surgery, diabetes, cardiology, microbiology, orthopaedics, emergency medicine, general surgery, renal and stroke research across all sites and then post-holder maybe required to work across sites as required by the clinical trial.
We encourage and support the development of multidisciplinary research projects and have successfully collaborated with Allied Health professionals (Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy), Health Care Scientists and psychologists.
Our external collaborators include the University of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and various commercial sponsors.
- Current NMC registration
- Attendance of recent short courses and/or study days on research
- 1 st level degree or studying towards
- Research Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of patient education and counselling, e.g. providing lifestyle advice
- Clinical experience/qualification in venepuncture, IV cannulation
- Supervision of student nurses
- Previous experience of co-ordinating clinical research studies
- Experience of liaison with staff at all levels in Healthcare
- Previous experience within the research speciality
- Appraisal and interviewing skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of clinical research and/or clinical trials
- Understanding of the role & responsibilities of a Clinical Research Nurse
- Knowledge of ethical and quality standards applicable to clinical trials, including EU Directive on ICH GCP requirements
- Knowledge of the Health Service, R&D, the pharmaceutical industry partnership and relevant information sciences
- Ability to use a personal computer, (computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office / EDCL)
- Skills in administration and project management
- Good communication, presentational, training and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and cope in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritise / own workload and to communicate effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in handling and management of computerised data
- Skills required to evaluate and assist in developing new protocols
- Skills in the analysis and interpretation of data
- Possession of tact and sensitivity to the needs of both patients and colleagues, including a commitment to confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high standard of accuracy
- Flexible approach to working hours
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Cath Lowe & Sharon Glyn
- Job title
- Research Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 706 3381