Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
People for Patients. Our People, our Patients, our Priority
A city with a historic past – A nursing career with a promising future!
Are you just beginning your nursing career?
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is looking for University Nursing Graduates to join our friendly Nursing Team across a variety of specialties.
As a Trust we continually invest in growing and developing our staff to support them in providing the best possible care to our patients. Our Nurses make a genuine difference to patients’ lives, so as a University Nursing Graduate joining the Trust we want to show how much we value you as you make the transition from Graduate to Newly Registered Nurse.
What we can offer you as a University Nursing Graduate
- NMC Registration fee We will pay your admission fee for entry onto the NMC register
- Relocation payment You may be eligible for financial support of up to £750 if you are relocating to join our Trust.
- Refer a Friend You could receive a £250 payment if you refer a nurse to us who subsequently takes up employment in our Trust (paid after the new starter completes 3-months in post).
You will automatically be enrolled in our 12 month preceptorship programme. This is an established preceptorship scheme designed around your continuous development with nursing skills, leadership, values and the importance of care and compassion.
Here are some of the comments that our recently recruited newly qualified staff fed back about our preceptorship programme;
“Stress free learning environment”
“The opportunity to voice worries & concerns in a safe environment”
“Nice to have protected time away from the departments”
“A chance to learn & develop further skills”
“Getting to know the specialist & senior teams”
- You will receive a local induction and also a period of supervised practice in which you will retain supernumerary status
- You will have the support of an assigned preceptor/mentor.
• You will receive support from our team of Professional Education Facilitators
• You will paid a band 5 salary while awaiting registration with the NMC
For further information about our fantastic preceptorship programme please feel free to contact our dedicated Quality and Professional Practice Sister, Vicky Angell on 01904 724052 or email@example.com who will be happy to provide you with some further details.
We currently have a range of exciting opportunities across many of our general nursing areas designed to suit you. We will always endeavour to offer you a role in your preferred area, so simply submit your application telling us your top three choices. If you are only interested in one particular area please just let us know.
How to apply for a University Nursing Graduate role?
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to apply, and have a bespoke shortened application form specifically for our University Nursing Graduates. If you are interested, please do not click the apply button on the advert. Please apply by completing the attached application form on this advert. Please open / download the attachment 'University Nursing Graduate, application', complete the form and then forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you will receive a phone call from the Recruitment Team, this is a withheld number, after submitting your application to discuss the next steps for arranging an interview. All Nurses are offered a guaranteed interview at the Trust.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.
If you are currently already working with us as a student nurse or on an extended student placement please contact the Recruitment Team on 01904 721631, as you will be eligible for our fast track recruitment process.
If you are an International/overseas Nurse who has successfully passed IELTS/OET and CBT examinations please contact email@example.com rather than applying to this advert. We are unable to progress your application without the above mentioned qualifications.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
- Recruitment Team
- Additional information