Administration & Clerical Assistant FMMU
NHS AfC: Band 3
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research.
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call this Delivering Compassionate Excellence and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via the OUH YouTube channel.
Many of our recruitment programmes use Value Based Interviewing to identify those who have the skills we seek, who share our values and who are able to deliver compassionate excellence from the outset. We know that this makes a significant difference to your job satisfaction and above all the outcomes and experience of our patients and their families.
For more information about our Values and Value Based Interviewing please visit www.ouh.nhs.uk/about/vision-and-values
Administration & Clerical Assistant Fetal and Maternal medicine Department
Band 3 Position Full and part time position
The Fetal and Maternal Medicine Department is based on Level 6 of the Women’s Centre and forms part of Oxford University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We are a specialist tertiary level referral centre providing diagnosis, counselling and treatment for pregnant women across Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire and Wiltshire.
We care for women with pre-existing complex medical needs or when complexities arise during their pregnancy.
This job is for an Administrative and Clerical post for the Fetal and Maternal Medicine (FMMU) Department within Women’s Centre at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder is responsible for providing a range of administrative support to help the clinical team with the smooth running of the FMMU service by;
• Liaising with both the Administration Clerical Lead and the Fetal and Maternal Medicine Unit Lead Midwife
• Making patient appointments for our specialist clinics
• Providing sensitive or distressing information to a patients where barriers to communication may be a factor
• Receiving patients and their relatives onto the unit and showing them to the appropriate waiting area being mindful that special arrangements may be in place for bereaved/distressed women and their families
• Participating in Nationally reported FMMU Data Collection.
• Ensuring that all patient notes are tracked and filed correctly in a timely manner
• Liaising with other internal and external departments of the hospital regarding all aspects of patient care as required
• Performing other day to day administrative duties such as; photocopying, filing, distribution of mail and word processing
• Being responsible for checking daily office area stock checks, monitoring overall office stock levels, topping up and ordering stationery as required
Closing Date: 25th Sep 2020
Planned Interview Date: 30th Sep 2020 (afternoon) and 02nd Oct 2020 (afternoon)
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Beatrice Culligan@ouh.nhs.uk
- Additional information
Beth Albert Beth.Albert@ouh.nhs.uk