Locum Consultant Psychiatrist - Eating Disorders Psychiatry
Locum Consultant Psychiatrist
Are you looking for a new challenge?
An opportunity has arisen to provide locum consultant cover to the STEPs Specialist Eating Disorders (ED) Services based in Bristol.
The successful candidate will provide clinical leadership) to a Community MDT ED service (alongside a substantive consultant covering the 10 bedded Specialist EDU) covering the Avon region (population 1.1 million including 4 large universities), and to an innovative primary care ED service commissioned by Bristol CCG.
The successful candidate will be working with an experienced and dedicated MDT and will have support from the Substantive Inpatient Consultant Psychiatrist. The MDT consists of Specialist Nurses, Psychologists, Dietitian, Occupational Therapist, Dramatherpist and Accredited CBT Practitioners.
The post holder will have the opportunity to develop as a trainer and teacher. The successful candidate will provide clinical supervision to any Core Trainees that are on placement with the Community Team.
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding leadership and be flexible and able to work under pressure. The ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team is essential.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry or Medical Psychotherapy
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a inpatient and community setting.
- Experience of assessing and treating patients with eating disorders and comorbid substance misuse problems
- 1 year supervised ED experience at ST level
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess and treat psychiatric problems in Adults of working age and to deal with crisis situations.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation.
- Knowledge of alternatives to inpatient admission care approaches.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
Research and Audit
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project.
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Salim Razak
- Additional information
Dr Salim Razak, Medical Lead, Specialised Services - 0117 919 2345
Martin Mclean, Operational Manager - 0117 354 6301