Senior Advanced Clinical Practitioner
NHS AfC: Band 8a
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciated so whilst you care for our patients and clients, we’ll take care of you. We offer many different ways of helping staff including career development opportunities, flexible working, good annual leave and pension schemes , health and wellbeing packages and financial support systems. Joining the Trust also allows you access to a number of saving options via our salary sacrifice schemes and a wide range of discount opportunities with retailers and service providers.
HOOH Advanced Clinical Practitioners work as high level autonomous practitioners and provide clinical leadership through the development and delivery of the highest level of clinical practice. Ensuring the delivery of appropriate patient centred care and treatment to all patients requiring urgent or emergency care
They will provide expert care through both direct care and clinical supervision of practitioners within the HOOH.
The post holder will be responsible for helping to enhance the quality of the service by providing high level training, education, and assessment to Trainee ACP’s and developing the knowledge and clinical understanding of all HOOH nursing and multi-professional staff.
Main duties of the job
• To act as a highly autonomous, accountable practitioner working on their own initiative with minimal direct supervision or support.
• To work as a Registered Non-Medical Prescriber.
• To act as a senior member of the trust including appraisal, and management related activities
• To act as team co-ordinator as required. Effectively co-ordinate team activities, being the 1st point of contact and prioritising the workload of the HOOH team, allocating tasks to appropriately skilled personnel to ensure appropriate and timely care for acutely ill adults.
• Royal Hallamshire Hospital (RHH) Only: When necessary to be a point of contact for site management issues, related to staff, patients, general public, the environment and equipment.
• To provide specialist advice and safe and effective clinical care to adults who require urgent or emergency care.
• To prioritise and refer individuals for specialist assessment and care.
• Supervise, educate, and assess Trainee Advanced Clinical Practitioners – and actively provide education and supervision to the wider trust.
• To work as part of the medical on call team to autonomously assess and manage deteriorating and acutely unwell patients.
Working for our organisation
The HOOH team are responsible for the provision of safe and effective clinical care out of hours to adults requiring immediate, urgent or emergency care.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post.
When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.
Band 8a level of practice will be demonstrated through completion of either a relevant Masters Level Award or recognition of advanced level practice by the Health Education England Centre for Advancing Practice supported portfolio route.
In addition, the senior ACP will be required to demonstrate their ability and expertise as a senior decision maker via a signed off portfolio of practice, using role specific or specialist curricula where available.
It is expected the portfolio should also demonstrate competence in all elements of the Multi-Professional Advanced Clinical Practice Framework (HEE 2017). Successful applicants must be able demonstrate evidence of an active portfolio mapped to a recognised curricula/HEE multi-professional ACP framework. This may be paper or electronic and access will be required by the senior leadership team for HOOH to ensure it meets the above criteria prior to appointment.
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC
- 1st Degree or equivalent experience
- Full Masters in Advanced practice (or equivalent qualification)
- Experienced Non-Medical prescriber
- Teaching qualification or equivalent experience
- Further relevant qualifications
- Significant evidence of working as an Advanced clinical Practitioner (ACP)
- Evidence of teaching within an Advanced Practice setting
- Evidence of supporting educational development of Trainee ACP’s
- Significant experience in Acute inpatient environments
- Experience in teaching position/environment
- Experience of team leadership
- Portfolio of evidence demonstrating practice across the four pillars
- Leadership Course
- Evidence of an active portfolio mapped to a recognised curricula/HEE multi-professional ACP framework
- Teaching Skills
- Effective negotiating & leadership skills
- Ability to work productively in a multidisciplinary environment with commitment to working as a team member
- Ability to complete work to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Life Support provider
- ECG interpretation
- Experience conducting, analysing, and presenting the results of Audit
- Verification of Death
- Arterial Blood Gas performance and analysis
- Advanced Life Support Instructor
- Experience working across a variety of acute inpatient settings
- Willingness to work predominantly on night duty but also in and out of normal working hours.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rhian Booth
- Job title
- HOOH Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01142 267155
List jobs with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors