NHS AfC: Band 8a
This is an exciting post which plays a key role in leading and supporting the Trust’s compliance and regulatory programmes, including CQC inspections and action plans.
The post provides an excellent opportunity for development and for helping to shape and the Trust’s programme of work to ensure best practice in managing compliance and regulation processes.
The post involves preparation and management of inspection timetables, collection, collation and management of significant amounts of often complex data and evidence, preparing briefings and reports in relation to compliance and regulation, and interpreting and operationalising national policy, guidance and standards relevant to regulation.
In addition, the post will involve leading the development of strategic plans for regulatory compliance, the design and delivery of a rolling programme of self-assessment, co-ordination of the agreement and oversight of the Trust’s annual quality objectives, and production of the annual Quality Report.
Main duties of the job
- Establish and maintain procedures and processes to provide on-going assurances of compliance in relation to regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Build regulation into relevant processes and procedures to become ‘business as usual’ and a part of routine considerations and practice
- Ensure on-going preparedness for inspection
- Provide appropriate support, information or advice to relevant Trust committees and groups as appropriate, including the Quality Board.
- Provide advice and support to the Head of Patient and Healthcare Governance, Group Directors and Heads of Service in relation to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement and manage an on-going, Trust-wide process for internal self-assessment and improvement against regulatory standards and CQC Key Lines of Enquiry.
- Develop, implement and manage a system and process for gathering, organising and reporting evidence for CQC and NHS Improvement inspections or reviews on a large scale.
This vacancy is advertised on a fixed term contract basis for a period of a maximum of fourteen months due to maternity leave of the substantive post holder. The fixed term contract status of the post holder will be reviewed in accordance with the Trust's legal obligations regarding fixed term contracts and statutory maternity provisions.
Please also note any secondment must first be agreed with your current line manager.
Working for our organisation
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post.
- Experience in a senior compliance-related role in a large, diverse organisation
- Managing highly complex, sensitive, and confidential information and high volumes of information
- Contributing to strategy development.
- Giving presentations to a range of audiences including senior staff
- Negotiating and facilitating in complex and political environments
- Larger scale project management, including planning and co-ordinating visits, inspections, assessments or similar
- Working across organisation boundaries and liaising with external organisations such as CQC, Healthwatch and other health and social care providers.
- Experience and good understanding of working within the current CQC regulatory environment
- Building and maintaining relationships with statutory bodies or organisations with regulatory, scrutiny or oversight responsibilities.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to Masters degree level in a related field or equivalent experience gained through a combination of qualifications, formal training and experience.
- Ability to demonstrate completion of leadership courses and/or have relevant recent experience working at a senior level, providing leadership to a team of staff
- Able to demonstrate courses/training and/or relevant experience in regulatory/ compliance processes.
- Evidence of IT training / short courses / demonstrable experience
- Evidence of continuous development through training and development courses as well as on-the-job development
- Willingness to undertake any further training/ development as identified in annual appraisal
- PRINCE 2 Management Qualification / equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience
Values and Behaviours (PROUD)
- Patients first - Respectful to patients,
- Respectful - Respectful to staff colleagues and all internal and external contacts
- Ownership - Takes responsibility for own actions and areas of management
- Unity - Willingly works as part of a team
- Delivery - Has a proven track record of delivery on objectives.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lisa Howlett
- Job title
- Deputy Head of Patient and Healthcare Governance
- Email address
- Telephone number