Directorate Business Administrator
NHS AfC: Band 4
The North Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Community Directorates are seeking to recruit a part time (10.5 hours per week over 2 days) experienced administrator with proven secretarial skills to work with the Directorate Senior Management Team in ensuring a seamless administrative service across the Directorates.
The successful candidate with have excellent organisational skills, experience in minute taking and a sound knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
Main duties of the job
Day to day supervision of junior staff, including undertaking appraisals, sickness management meetings etc.
Arranging and co-ordinating meetings
Cash Office duties
Handling telephone queries
Responding to correspondence
Working for our organisation
Our Trust is on an incredible journey of innovation and we’d like you to be part of it.
Our vision is ‘To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.’ Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience. The Trust supports you by offering a flexible shift system including twilight shifts and compressed hours to support working families and our staff parking is free on all our main sites.
As an employee and representative of the Trust, you are required to demonstrate and uphold the Trust’s Values. These are:
Proud to CARE:
Caring with compassion, it’s about how we listen, what we say, what we do.
Friendly, welcoming, sharing ideas and being open
Taking personal and collective responsibility, being accountable for our actions
Striving for the best, for high-quality safe care and continually improving
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To maintain a broad understanding of the work of North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust as a whole, and actively contribute your ideas for the improvement of service provision.
- To ensure own actions contribute to the maintenance of a quality service provision.
- To be responsible for the self-development of skills and competencies through participation in training and development activities and to maintain up to date technical and professional knowledge relevant to the post.
- To participate in the Performance and Development Review and to undertake any identified training and development related to the post.
- To undertake statutory and mandatory training as deemed appropriate by the Trust.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- To adhere to all Trust policies and procedures.
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent training in relevant area
- Substantial experience of a range of relevant procedures and software programmes, and ability to provide examples of own application of these
- Advanced Keyboard skills
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nicola Wood
- Job title
- Senior Business Administrator
- Email address
- Additional information
Sandra Wright, Senior Business Administrator