Ageing Well Project Manager (Band 6)
NHS AfC: Band 6
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Ageing Well programme team working across the health and care system to support the delivery of adult community services and new ways of working.
The post holder will apply project management expertise and best practice in supporting the delivery of a number of projects within the Ageing Well portfolio.
There will be a need to work collaboratively through matrix working, engaging with a dynamic group including service users, patients, clinicians and colleagues across the system. Working as a ‘change agent’ you will support the programme leads to create, facilitate and embed new ways of working with partners whilst championing inclusion of broader determinants of health and integration of services.
Main duties of the job
- Provide project management to support the overall Ageing Well programme of work to deliver transformational change initiatives
- Take responsibility for ensuring assigned projects have the appropriate input and delivery to expected timescales
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across our health and care system bringing them on board with projects and developing clear plans through small to medium task & finish groups
- Monitor the progress of projects, liaising with key stakeholders to resolve day to day queries and escalate any risks via the programme governance structure
- Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings on assigned projects to various working groups, programme board and team meetings
- Gather and review complex data from various sources to inform discussions and decisions within the programme work-streams
Working for our organisation
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.
We want to attract staff who embrace our ‘Right Care’ behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients – we want to make these part of our DNA.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details and full details of the role please see the attached job description and person specification attached.
- Degree or equivalent qualification (or equivalent experience) in Project Management
- Ongoing professional development in relevant subject areas
Experience & Knowledge
- Successful project management of complex transformation projects
- Experience of working across a wide range of project areas
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholder relationships
- Experience of preparing and maintaining project documentation
- A proven ability to work effectively and sensitively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of working within a health and care system
- Experience of managing change and associated behaviours
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to analyse and understand data from various sources and communicate them effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written & verbal)
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work and conflicting priorities and objectives within a changing environment.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office and virtual meeting platforms (MS Teams, Zoom)
- Experienced user of virtual interactive meeting tools such as Jamboard
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- Responsive to changing environments and needs
- Be enthusiastic about health and care transformation and its role in improving patient experience and operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Self-motivated, proactive, reliable and a professional attitude
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Personal values aligned with the Trust’s Right Care values and behaviours
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lisa Oldfield
- Job title
- Ageing Well Programme Manager
- Email address
- Additional information
Senior Ageing Well Programme Manager