Practice Development Nurse
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care. Join our team and support our vision of delivering the right care first time, every time.
We are not currently accepting applications from overseas trained Nurses who do not currently have NMC registration and are required to sit the OSCE exam.
Practice Development Nurse – To Support New International Nurse’s joining the East Cheshire NHS Trust
Band 5/6 – Depending on experience
Salary: Band 5/ 6 Depending on experience x2 posts - 37.5 & 30 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 band 6 Practice Development Nurses, to work within a new unique team. The team is led by a band 7 Practice Development Nurse Lead.
The posts will have an education focus and be situated within the Professional Practice Team, the successful candidates will be working within clinical practice, supporting and developing the recently recruited International Nurses.
The role will focus on supporting the International Nurses to fully function with the Band 5 staff nurse role, increasing their on the job knowledge and expertise, embedding & assessing clinical skills and competencies & other key clinically focused education requirements will also be integral to the role.
Preferably the successful candidates will have extensive experience within professional education, current clinical knowledge and experience within medicine, surgery and intermediate care
Excellent communication, teaching and presentation skills are a must. Experience of developing education packages and supporting learners would be advantageous.
Main duties of the job
- Work in collaboration with multiple stakeholders including with the Professional Practice Team, practice development Allied Health Professional, Heads of Nursing, Matrons, Senior sisters, community coaches and team leaders to ensure the delivery of quality patient care by knowledgeable and appropriately skilled staff
- Support nursing staff to develop evidence based clinical skills and support the acquisition of core and specialist competencies in line with requirements of the role, the workforce plan and service needs.
- Participate in the development and delivery of the post registration ‘professional development programme’ for international nursing staff across the hospital and community footprint.
- Deliver training and education to enable the introduction of new roles and ways of working,
Working for our organisation
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment at this time, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks, and so that we can support those who may be undecided about vaccination. If you are unvaccinated there is helpful advice and information at https://www.eastcheshirehrdirect.nhs.uk .
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- NMC Registered Nurse Level 1
- Educated to Degree Level
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Coaching qualification or course attendance
- OSCE assessor course
Knowledge & Skills
- A sound understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrable clinical experience in relevant clinical role/ area
- Generic core clinical competency skills
- Ability to coach/ teach / engage with staff to support clinical skill acquisition and CPD
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations and teaching sessions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Knowledge of NMC Standards of Proficiency for Registered Nurses and Midwives (May 2018)
- Experience within a variety of clinical specialities
- Leg ulcer Management Course
- Line management experience
- Experienced Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor
- Experience of teaching in a variety of settings
- Experience of audit and/or research
- Experience in change management
Other Role Requirements
- Please refer to the person specification for further role requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dawn Hargraves
- Job title
- Practice Development Nurse Lead
- Email address
- Telephone number