Senior Healthcare Support Worker
An opportunity has become available for a band 3 Clinical Nurse assistant to join our friendly team on Treatment Centre Short Stay Ward (Orthopaedic Elective Care), RHCH.
- Ward description: Treatment Centre Short Stay Ward specializes in planned major orthopaedic surgeries and day case orthopaedic surgeries. We have 20 beds which includes in 2 single rooms. It is an excellent environment to expand your surgical /Orthopaedic knowledge base and skills with a team of supportive registered nurses to guide you.
Main duties of the job
The essential skill set required for this post would be the ability to work as part of a dynamic and innovative team. To be able to cope with the demands of a busy and fast turn over the ward. Excellent communication skills are a key part of this role.
It is desirable to have NVQ level 3 health and social care or apprenticeship. However, if you do not have the above qualifications and you are the right candidate for the role we will be very willing to support you to do the apprenticeship course. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively within the whole multidisciplinary team.
Working for our organisation
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further information about this role please see Job Description document attached.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Training & Qualifications
- Literacy level 1 or equivalent (GCSE D-G).
- Numeracy level 1 or equivalent (GCSE D-G)
- ESOL level 1 or equivalent (if English not first language)
- NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent or above in Health or Health and Social Care or working towards an award
Experience & Knowledge
- Previous experience in a Health/Health and Social Care role.
- Understanding NHS/Social care systems
Skills & Ability
- Able to work within a team
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication in the English language
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Champika Dona
- Job title
- Clinical Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01962 828946