Senior Staff Nurse
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
To work in a small dedicated nursing team with Health care support workers to deliver the services from the Bence Jones Unit.
Main duties of the job
- Pre-operative triaging and COVID swabbing for SGH patients
- Triaging and COVID swabbing staff members and their household
- CDMU- Providing intravenous infusions in an outpatient setting for COVID positive vulnerable patients.
Working for our organisation
The postholder is expected to have a clear understanding of how this post contributes to the achievement of the trust vision of:
A thriving Foundation Trust at the heart of an integrated healthcare system. One that delivers improved patient care at a community, hospital and specialist setting, supported by a unique and nationally recognized programme of research, education and employee engagement.
We expect all our staff to share the values that are important to the Trust, being Excellent, Kind, Responsible & Respectful, and behave in a way that reflects these.
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects that all staff will share in this commitment. The Trust is clear that all staff have a responsibility to be aware of children and adult safeguarding policies and procedures and that each member of staff, clinical and non-clinical, will attend child or adult safeguarding training that is provided at an appropriate level to suit their role. The Trust has the additional expectation that all staff will be able to identify concerns and know what action to take.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
All staff within the multi-disciplinary team and all departments Trust-wide as appropriate to the care of patients. The Bence Jones Unit/CMDU was opened at the start of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the roles of the unit are adapting as the need of the service requires. The Bence Jones Unit consists of a dynamic team who are constantly adapting to the expanding services within the department.
Qualification and training
- Registered Nurse
- 2 Years post registration experience
- Demonstrates ability to co-ordinate the unit
- Ability to take charge of the unit
- Good verbal and written communication
- Experience of managing change
Education and Research
- Demonstrates the understanding of the importance of research based practice
- Understands the importance of developing self and others
- Demonstrates an understanding of audit
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for the clinical speciality
- Adaptable to changing needs of the unit
- Leadership training
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Katherine Minett
- Job title
- Team Leader
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 8725 2193
If you have problems applying, contact
- 075530 88538