If you are successful at interview for this post you will receive your conditional offer of appointment and information pack via email.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time. Therefore we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post. If you are short listed for this post, you will be contacted via your email account you used to apply for this post, therefore please check your account regularly.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board support flexible working.
Please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any time should it be filled via the internal redeployment process
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Functional Analyst to join the Informatics Design Team to enable development of our clinical and operational applications and systems as part of the delivery of the Health Board's Digital Strategy. As the Functional Analyst enabling Digital Transformation you will need:
- a track record and educational profile that demonstrates your excellent problem solving and analytical skills working with clinical and service operational stakeholders together withDesign team and other technical colleagues operational stakeholders and technical team stakeholders to model and present the outcomes of functional analysis that will inform system and application design and delivery ;
- the ability to work creatively and effectively within a tight knit and very busy Design team and alongside colleagues in Programmes and Projects, Service Management and the broader ICT community in Informatics at ABUHB
- the ability to deliver high quality products to tight schedules across a variety of different projects at any one time.
This is a 'full-lifecycle' role principally involved in early ideas and innovations, solution development, systems procurement, and programme inception, and additionally providing support for programme and project delivery through implementation into in-service management and eventual decommissioning, as required. The post holder will be experienced in functional analysis and in representing analysis outcomes through modelling (the team uses UML with other modelling as required). They will work alongside colleagues with complementary subject matter expertise such as business analysis, technical design, testing and assurance, clinical service engagement and enterprise & solution architecture. A strong technical background (e.g. in development, technical support or data management & analysis) is required and health sector experience is desirable.
The role includes:
- Analysis of existing systems and processes; including suitability, utilization, cost, ease of use, reliability and performance
- Undertaking process and data modelling
- Researching emergent and existing technologies and solutions.
- Defining requirements, and propose changes to existing systems and new systems to meet the needs of the business
- Modelling proposed changes, and evaluating those models.
- Working with the Informatics Programme to create effective plans for change using both their technical knowledge and people skills
- Preparing the Health Board for proposed changes and guide it during the implementation to ensure a seamless transition
- Troubleshooting issues with the systems following implementation.
- Working with the Service Delivery function undertake technical tasks relating to configuration and maintenance.
- Managing and mentoring more junior members of staff
Keen and interested or even curious but uncertain, please contact us to discuss the role and the future for digital services in ABUHB.
Application deadline: Sunday 6th December 2020 at 24:00hrs
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh applicants are equally welcome to apply.
Closing date: 22nd April 2021
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- John Frankish
- Job title
- Head of Digital Transformation & Business Change
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07971 318565
- Additional information
Contact: John Frankish