Clinical Typist Administrator - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of Yorkshire’s leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 444,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
Hosting three main hospital sites and a number of additional services, the Trust is one of only six Teaching Hospitals in Yorkshire and trains 25% of all medical students in the region, in addition to 30% of all other healthcare professional students.
A forward-facing Trust employing over 6,600 colleagues, we provide a full range of local hospital services across Doncaster Royal Infirmary in Doncaster, Bassetlaw Hospital in Worksop and Montagu Hospital in Mexborough.
In February 2020, the Trust was rated ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission, an accreditation which applies to the organisation’s four hospital sites.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram: @DBHNHS @DBH_NHSFT @dbth_nhs
We are looking for a Clinical Typist & Administrator for our Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Children and Families Division.
You will work flexibly as part of a team producing clinical correspondence using Medisec digital transcription software, from outpatient and inpatient attendances. To meet the changing priorities within the department, you will also be required to display tact and diplomacy where appropriate and have excellent communication skills as well as demonstrating a flexible approach to working within a team environment. In addition these roles will support other activities identified by the Team Leader to ensure the highest standard of service delivery within the specialty team.
Main duties of the job
You will have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Medical Terminology as well as audio typing experience. You will also have RSA II Typing (or equivalent qualification/experience) and GCSE English Language at minimum Grade C (or equivalent).
Clerical experience in a healthcare setting would be desirable. Experience with Medisec, PAS and Excel, would also be an advantage.
Due to the nature of this role a high degree of confidentiality and discretion is expected.
Working for our organisation
You will be working within Obstetrics and Gynaecology team at Doncaster/Bassetlaw Hospitals, who are a dynamic team and busy working for 11 consultants .
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The post holder will assist the Medical Secretary in providing an effective and efficient support service to clinical teams, maintaining robust systems and processes are in place for administrative management of the patient pathway.
The post holder will provide an efficient audio typing service to ensure that
clinical correspondence and all associated actions have been actioned to
ensure smooth progress throughout the patient pathway in line with clinical requests.
The post holder will have skills in all areas of administrative functions to
enable them to support the patient pathway, using Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure that functions of the role are carried out
correctly within given timescales.
- Ability to deal calmly and diplomatically with a range of personalities and situations
- Flexible and adaptable, able to take direction and instruction from others
- Team Player with a professional approach to work and colleagues; able to develop good working relationships
- Demonstrates Trusts values and behaviours
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment to Continuing Personal & Professional Development
- Customer care experience or qualification
- Previous experience working in a clerical/administrative role
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word
- Previous hospital or NHS experience working in a clerical/administrative role
- Experience of customer care
- Knowledge of Trust Polices, including Hospital to Treatment Patient Access Policy
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs including English and Maths at Grade C or above or equivalent
- OCR/RSA level 2 or equivalent in keyboard and typing
- Business Administration Level 2
- ECDL or Equivalent
- A methodical and organised approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload for best effect and work without direct supervision
- Exercise good judgement; use own initiative
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jo Mann
- Job title
- Administration & Performance Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01302 642195