Registered Health Care Professional (Immunisations) Covid Vaccine
NHS AfC: Band 5
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
You can search and apply for roles in the NHS, including posts relating to COVID-19, on NHS Jobs. For the latest advice on COVID-19 visit the coronavirus page on NHS.UK.
Your NHS needs you!
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme Registered Healthcare Professional.
All Registered Health Care Professionals needed, Registered Nurses, Registered Mental Health Nurses, Registered Midwives, Registered sick Children’s Nurses, Pharmacists and Learning Disabilities Nurses.
Main duties of the job
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is looking to recruit Registered Health Care Professionals (NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists, General Dental Council, General Medical Council and equivalent for other healthcare professionals) who would be interested in joining us as a Covid-19 vaccinator.
Working for our organisation
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in something life changing and making a true difference not only to the local community, but to our nation.
We are continuing to deliver COVID-19 vaccines to millions of at-risk people across our region within our mass vaccination Centres based in Sheffield.
We are looking for NHS colleagues who are willing to take on a role and who are willing to be trained to once again put themselves forward to lend a hand.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
As a COVID-19 RHCP you will be responsible for:
- Conducting pre-vaccination clinical assessments.
- Reviewing patient medical histories and any potential adverse reactions.
- Preparing the vaccine prior to administration by using aseptic technique.
- Dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials.
- Setting up the vaccination station.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to policies and procedures.
This vacancy is advertised on a fixed term contract basis initially until 26th September 2021. There is potential to extend consistant with any changes to the National COVID-19 Vaccination program. The fixed term contract status of the post holder will be reviewed in accordance with the Trust's legal obligations regarding fixed term contracts taking into consideration the requirement for the post to be maintained as a part of the project’s implementation and the timescales associated with this. Part time hours will also be considered.
For those who are currently employed by the Trust as a Staff Nurse, you should instead apply for a Staff Nurse Transfer process via your line manager.
Please also note any secondment must first be agreed with your current line manager.
Due to the directive we work under we would not be able to accept applications from candidates who are currently on the temporary NMC registration and have conditions of practice in place.
If you have a query regarding the Vaccination site recruitment other than this advertisement please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will notify the shortlisted candidates as soon as possible with the Interview date. However due to the urgency of this project we are looking to interview via MS Teams imminently and this may be at short notice.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level (level 5) in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area.
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals.
- Job-specific training, or must be willing to complete, in: Vaccination, Anaphylaxis and Basic Life Support.
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake.
- Previous experience in similar clinical role.
- Knowledge of immunisation schedules in accordance with national recommendations.
- Practical skills and knowledge of cold chain procedures and medicines management.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working knowledge and literate with computer skills to use of word document, internet access and email correspondence and electronic record keeping.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development and willingness to commit to on-going CPD.
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject to post graduate level.
Skills and Knowledge
- Clear communicator with excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills.
- Effective skills in communicating complex and sensitive information and in difficult situations, requiring empathy, reassurance, persuasion and influence.
- Skills for nurturing key relationships and maintaining networks.
- Independent thinker with demonstrated good judgement, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own workloads to changing and often tight deadlines.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and trust.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands.
- Commitment to and focused on quality, promotes high standards in all they do.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to cope with uncertainty and change.
- Values diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness.
- Works well with others, is positive and helpful, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others.
- Actively develops themselves and supports others to do the same.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings.
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Daniel Flear
- Job title
- Matron, Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
- Email address
- Additional information
Matron, Covid-19 Vaccination Programme