Band 5 RGN & RMN opportunities - Ward 3, Harplands Hospital:
We are offering an exciting opportunity for existing or newly qualified Band 5 RMN’s or RGN’s to work on Ward 3, Harplands Hospital. If you are an enthusiastic, caring and compassionate nurse, who is looking for the opportunity of working within a challenging and complex environment then we want to hear from you. This job provides an opportunity to work within a Trust that is ambitious to perform well and is reported by the Care Quality Commission that it is the fastest improving Mental Health Trust in the Country.
The Wards pathway is based on the acute care model, outlined in the report “Old problems New solutions” 2016.Based on a 72 hour assessment process all our patients receive a comprehensive assessment delivered by a full MDT, with the focus remaining on independence & recovery.
Main duties of the job
To act as a named nurse and be responsible for the assessment of needs and the planning, delivery and evaluation of care for this complex patient group and to deliver specific interventions according to assessed need adopting a patient centred, recovery focussed approach.
To oversee the holistic needs of the patients within a nursing care process and to provide direction and supervision to junior staff in meeting patient needs. To provide supervision and leadership in respect of maintaining and developing standards of practice and implementing change.
Working for our organisation
In return we offer;
A competitive progressive salary plus enhancements for unsociable hours and flexible working hours.
We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development (weekly CPD planned which includes topics such as working successfully with personality disorder; what are the functions of self-harm; coproducing recovery plans with service users; dementia care awareness and interventions to name a few)
Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
Individual Personal Development Plan and Career Progression
Excellent pension scheme available
27- 33 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To act as named nurse for a group of patients ensuring that appropriate interventions are planned and delivered according to assessed need. To promote a positive nurse patient relationship and to engage with carers / relatives. To have responsibility for documenting the plans of care and ensuring that plans remain current and that standards of record keeping are adhered to.
- To administer and manage medicines according to policy and local protocol. To assess patient response and provide advice and education to junior staff and both patient and carers in respect of prescribed medicines.
- Provide support and guidance to junior or less experienced staff in the planning and delivery of nursing care for individuals for whom they are named nurse. To provide support to patients within this group at times when the named nurse is unavailable. E.g. periods of annual leave sickness etc. To take an active role in auditing and maintaining standards of record keeping for this group of patients.
- Maintain the therapeutic milieu, taking a proactive approach, supervising and supporting others in the same. Planning clinical activity in accordance with the needs of the patient group. To take an active role in the clinical programme including facilitation of specific group activities or individual interventions. Participating in forward planning and evaluation of the clinical programme. Having an awareness of how an individual’s behaviour and presentation can impact upon the milieu and demonstrating a positive influence through one’s own conduct to promote optimum safety and patient recovery.
- Taking prompt action on changes in condition, liaising with other members of the clinical (Multi-disciplinary) team when necessary, reviewing nursing care and communicating any amendments to the care plan.
- Develop skills in respect of specific interventions that are appropriate to the clinical area, act as a lead in developing nursing practice in relation to this.
- Valid nursing (RMN/RGN/RNLD) registered qualification
- Evidence of post basic education and further professional development
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out all care needs without direct supervision
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Marie Boulton
- Job title
- Ward Manager
- Email address
- Additional information