Forensic Mental Health Practitioner
SALARY: Band 6
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
CONTRACT: Fixed Term - 1 year (there may be the possibility of extending / permanent contract pending additional funding from commissioners).
The postholder will:-
- Work to improve the quality of care and support for adults with enduring mental health problems who have been assessed as requiring a specialist placement within a secure hospital setting, whilst actively promoting the recovery ethos
- Carry out consistent and high standard assessments/reviews for patients within the above settings to determine need and, where necessary, to provide relevant/additional information
- Need to work in collaboration with providers from both the statutory and independent sectors to enable dedicated support for the mental health care needs of patients ensuring good quality standards
- Work with the Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and other funding authorities to facilitate the assessment process and placement of patients requiring mental health treatment and ongoing specialist care in community and non-secure hospital settings
- Have an understanding of the Somerset NHS Foundation Trust out of area treatment/mental health panel, and will present to this panel on a regular basis
- Hold care coordinator responsibilities for a cohort of identified Somerset patients.
This role includes working as part of a small team, and the postholder will be expected to visit/keep regular contact with patients who have been out of county. This will involve occasional overnight stays.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For an informal discussion, please do not hesitate to contact Karen Gough, Consultant Forensic Psychologist by e-mailing: FLT-ASCC.Secretaries@sompar.nhs.uk