Improving Value Manager
NHS AfC: Band 8b
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and we can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
At the NHS, we are reminded every day of how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that’s job share, part time or another flexible pattern. In addition, although the role advertised may have an ‘home’ office base indicated, we remain committed to supporting flexibility around workplace locations. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Our new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by our integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
We are jointly committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
The Improving Value Team provides expertise and support to Specialised Commissioning to help meet the challenge of delivering annual efficiency. The Improving Value Team provides programme support to deliver Specialised Commissioning`s strategic priority for improving value and reducing variation’ in specialised services.
Each financial year NHS England specialised commissioning will be set challenging targets to meet in relation to improved efficiency and value. Working with a broad range of colleagues from across NHS England, the post-holder will:
- Provide commissioning knowledge and leadership in order to project manage the development of National QIPP schemes to ensure they are ready for implementation by agreed timescales. Schemes will be focused on improving quality, outcomes and cost within specialised healthcare.
- Establish and work-with small multi-disciplinary project team to ensure the development of information and guidance for specialised commissioning teams and specialised service providers to assist the effective delivery of national QIPP schemes.
- Work closely with Programme of Care team colleagues and Regional Commissioning Team Colleagues to ensure plans are both clinically credible and operationally deliverable.
- Design, develop, deliver specific projects to the highest of standards.
- Provide expertise in relation to improvement methodology, improving value in health services and use of commissioning levers to support improvement.
- Support the effective communication and engagement with regional commissioning teams and Programmes of Care to aid communication and preparations for implementation.
- Take a lead on specific project tasks as necessary, to ensure additional capacity is brought to the project in order to ensure successful completion and implementation.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jill Lockhart
- Job title
- Senior Improving Value Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number